ECREF Insurance Advisory and Audit Service
Our ECREF Insurance Advisory and Audit Service provides Pan European pre and post funding insurance advice for commercial real estate funders.
Our management team – all seasoned professionals from commercial real estate insurance markets – share a passion for providing clients with expert advice about ECREF, as well as the highest levels of service.
We firmly believe that there is no substitute for dealing with an advisor that understands European Commercial Real Estate and the Pan-European commercial real estate market. For that reason, we aim to become a trusted and irreplaceable extension of your in-house team, providing the following support and services:
Pre-Funding Advice (Protection for Lenders)
Pre-funding advice is available to consider loan agreement insurance provisions using our extensive knowledge of market practice, regulation and legislation and the types of cover required. Through analysis of policy documents and supporting information compliance with facility documentation can be achieved. Through our pre-funding audit and advice service we can:
- We review details of current insurance arrangements and explain the consequences of any shortfalls
- Assist in the development of specific measures to mitigate risks
- Liaise with Borrower and/or Borrowers Broker to refine and/or finalise policy documentation
- Loss of Rent & Service Charge
- Public & Employers Liability
- Mechanical Breakdown of Plant
- Statutory Plant Inspection Services
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- Legal Indemnities
- Restrictive Covenants; Rights of Light; Defective Title, Overhang Indemnity and Judicial Review
- Transactional Indemnities
- Warranties & Representations Insurance
- Contingent Tax Liability Coverage
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors’ & Officers’ Liability
- JCT Construction Contracts
- Facility Agreements
- Sale & Purchase Agreements
- Property Management Agreements
- Investment Management Agreements
- Operating Agreements
- Claims Management
- First Loss Payee Interest Protection Post Loss
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments (both pre funding and tri annual revaluations) which can be done either as a desktop survey or on site
Post Funding Audit Controls
Utilising a web-based platform, our post-funding offering provides an annual review of the insurance policies in place to ensure continued compliance with the terms of the loan agreement.
Our team will make initial contact with borrowers in advance of the renewal date to manage this process. We will confirm the details of the renewed insurance arrangements and notify you whether action is required by you to meet any shortfalls identified.
Our aim is to ensure you have confidence that insurance mechanisms are in place to protect your investment.